Monday, December 20, 2010

King of woo woo

It's not often I agree with something in the Daily Fail; but I find this article about Prince Charles quite agreeable.


Don't get me wrong, I'm not in favour of any monarchy, anywhere, and if our particular line ended with Elizabeth and the whole medieval gravy train was consigned to museums, books and weekend battle re-enactments that would be just fine with me. Even thinking about paying for this science hating, mumbo-jumbo spouting dullard to gain the throne of England is upsetting, it's like rubbing metaphorical salt into an open intellectual wound.

On the other hand, a few years of Charles at the helm "pushing" his coffee bean enemas to combat cancer might be what is needed to tip the whole thing over the edge, the people of this country might finally come to their senses and relegate this institution to a more fitting 21st century role, i.e. as permanent exhibits in Madame Tussauds!

No comments: