Sunday, February 13, 2011

Walk like an Egyptian


Finally President Mubarak of Egypt has got the message that most of the people he supposedly represents don't actually like him that much, maybe now he can shuffle off to an ex-dictator island paradise somewhere and pass his remaining years in opulence as a reward for failing to alleviate the poverty of the majority of people he leaves behind. I'm very pleased for the people of Egypt, I spent some time there when I was younger and always found the place fascinating and the people super hospitable. I do worry about two things though, firstly the army is now in charge, which is how they got into this mess to begin with and second I heard a BBC interview with some guy on the street after the announcement was made, he said

"at last Egyptians are free, Allahu akbar"

Not quite yet, I thought, one more dictator to go.

1 comment:

Chairman Bill said...

Precisely!