Monday, October 22, 2012

I'm a C grade sinner..


Here's a picture taken outside the recent Texas Freethought Convention held in Austin; it's a Christian chap (of some sort) warning the attendees of what awaits them if they continue on what he thinks is the path of un-righteousness, destination hell of course; presumably the fiery, infinite torment variety so bafflingly beloved of so many of our religious brothers and sisters, love em.

Possessing a liberal perspective on life, but mainly just being a grown up, I'm not offended at this kind of thing; my normal reaction would simply be a quick roll of the eyes before moving swiftly on, but being a devilishly competitive soul I paused to take a closer look at the list and realised to my horror that I only score 5/10! A rather paltry C grade (or B* if you measure it by modern A level standards) I really must try harder.

Now, where can I get a cauldron full of stolen golden cows?..

3 comments:

Archdruid Eileen said...

Just the one abortionist, then?

Archdruid Eileen said...

Also, I see that "slanderers and swindlers" have dropped off the genuine list from that Bible quote. Presumably in case they're politicians?

Steve Borthwick said...

AE, only right-wing Christian politicians of course :)