Monday, July 07, 2014

It's not just me that thinks that..


Writing a blog is quite an interesting experience, you never quite know whether what you've written makes sense to other people or if you're so far off wandering the fertile valleys of your own version of "la la land" that even the trolls and nutters are narrowing their eyes in bafflement. I read a story today about a complaint against the BBC being upheld over an interview they did on the today program that pitted the intellectual viewpoints on climate change between a leading climate scientist and Nigel Lawson. The complaint was that this paring promoted a "false balance" between an actual expert and someone being paid by vested interests to take a contrary view. I am pleased to discover that I noted exactly the same problem when I first saw the program back in February and blogged about it at the time. Such insignificant actions in pointing out anti-science, anti-evidence lobbying may not solve the problem of man-made climate change but at least I can conclude that senility has not quite set in just yet.

2 comments:

A Heron's View said...

I guess Steve, that you must be feeling quite delighted in having had your 'assumption' verified and that your grey matter is still in working order and providing rational thoughts.
I was going to say congratulations, instead let me say that I am happy for you :)

Steve Borthwick said...

HV, thank you kindly!