Friday, May 11, 2018

Don't Panic


17 years ago today the wonderful Douglas Adams died in California. We miss him. 

Here are some quotes from the great man to ponder on a sunny Friday afternoon...

“I love deadlines. I love the whooshing noise they make as they go by.”

“I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”


“A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.”

“Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.”

“Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?”

“Nothing travels faster than the speed of light, with the possible exception of bad news, which obeys its own special laws.”

“If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.”

“For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen.”

“I'd take the awe of understanding over the awe of ignorance any day.”

No comments: