Monday, March 25, 2019

Climbing for beer


I got a text from a mate on Saturday morning asking if I'd like to go climbing at a new local climbing centre. I was a bit surprised that a facility like had managed to open in my home town without me even realizing, and delighted to find out that it was only walking distance (2 km) from my front door! I took my Son with me and my friend took his two teenage boys. We had a good couple of hours messing around on the various bouldering problems and tricky overhangs before the majority of our arm muscles started failing and we'd removed most of the skin on our fingers. Afterwards we shot over to the Siren tap-yard for a cheeky beer in the spring sunshine, it was glorious, we even sat outside! Thinking of doing the same next weekend, this could become a "thing"..

No comments: