Sunday, May 26, 2019

New whites


Tried a new wine yesterday evening from a producer down in the Languedoc region of France called "Gassac". Now, I love this producer and have had many examples of their reds over the years and pretty much enjoyed every one but until now I'd never had any of their whites. I was mooching around in a wine shop near Guildford the other week and I spotted the bottle pictured above recognizing the name I bought it and yesterday had some family round for a BBQ and decided to give it a run around the block. It was delicious, good body, delicate aromas of white fruits, straw and apricots with a strong fruity finish. The wine is made from a blend of Voignier, Petit Manseng, Chardonnay and Chenin plus a few more obscure varieties and at only £8 for a bottle this is an absolute steal, knocks the socks off of your cheap new-world supermarket sauvignon blanc's and chardonnays, if you see it buy some.

No comments: