Tuesday, October 20, 2020

Duck and cover


Lot's of people getting very agitated about lockdown restrictions coming back, it seems especially prevalent in the North of the country where the cases are accelerating fastest. Whilst I am no fan of this Government at all, believe me I would fire the lot of them if I were king of the world! I also don't believe that delaying the inevitable at the expense of people's lives helps much either, we have what we call in the trade a complete shit-show going on at the moment! We're damned if we do and damned if we don't and playing politics over health matters is immoral IMO, whoever does it. I remember back in the day when we had that bizarre public service advertisement about "how to survive a nuclear attack", if I remember correctly it involved hiding under the kitchen table (or was it the stairs) "duck and cover" was the slogan, I'm reminded somewhat of the futility of that today when I hear "hands face space", it seems obvious that this virus is a tough little bugger and once it takes hold in a community only the most unpalatable measures seem to halt it's progress and only temporarily at that. Our choices appear stark, old people's lives verses jobs, clearly it's not as simple as that, but when you boil it down and if you had to personally make the choice, which would you be happier to have on your conscience?

 

No comments: