Wednesday, July 28, 2021

Commuting

 


So I've spent the last two days travelling up and down to London in (almost) a pre-Covid (normal) working day way. I can report that the trains (didn't sample the tube) are much quieter than usual, on both days I easily got a double seat to myself and on most trains I had plenty of space between me and the next person. London itself though looks pretty normal to me, most people aren't wearing masks outdoors although the streets were pretty packed, making social distancing fairly impossible, I get the sense that fear is waning and behaviors are adjusting. I reckon it's only a matter of time before train density returns unless predictions about infection rates hold true (i.e. they go up), on that topic I'm less sure since the recent drop is counter intuitive, but logic says that a rise is inevitable, perhaps it will be gradual and lumpy?

No comments: