Saturday, January 22, 2022

Stressssss

 


So, my 17 year old daughter is driving, on her own, to a party hosted by one of her school friends tonight, it's the first time she's ever driven to an event like this since she passed her driving test at the end of December (4 weeks ago). Having assured me that she knows where she's going and everything is cool I get a phone call from her in a complete panic, she's gone the wrong way down the M4 and is at a "big roundabout", doesn't know where she is or how to get back on the right track! (oy vey)

Talk about scuppering your planned (chilled) Saturday evening! Why oh why are teenagers so unwilling to accept advice or help, it's baffling! (yes, I know why) Anyway, having panicked down the phone at each other and got hung up a few times we eventually tracked her location via her iPhone and got her on her way again. As I write this she's arrived at her destination. Phew! The outing is now officially 30% through, it's minus one degrees centigrade, and I don't think she doesn't have a proper coat with her, just a skimpy fashionable number (obviously).. I have a feeling it's gonna be a long night..

Update: She was fine of course; me on the other hand (no finger nails remaining!)

No comments: