Wednesday, February 07, 2024

Hop Quest


My local craft brewers, Siren, have come up trumps again this last week. They launched a set of three beers called "Guess the Hop" and, yes, you guessed it the idea is that you have to guess which hop is in each beer. Once you've convinced yourself on the question of hop varietals, answers can be submitted on their web site and splendiferous prizes await the correct hop gurus among us. I couldn't resist so I popped over to their taproom last weekend and picked up the cans, my deliberations are now finalised and I can announce my results to an eager world..

Beer A - Slight onion/garlic vibe, dank, red fruits, I guess Mosaic (although could be Citra also)
Beer B - Less pronounced, earthy, spicy, could even be an English hop, I reckon Centennial.
Beer C - The most distinct flavour of the three, coconut for days, must be Sabro

I confidently predict I got most or probably all of these wrong, official results out soon, I will report back.

No comments: