Tuesday, May 21, 2024

New Fashion?


While walking to the station the other day I happened to find myself behind a young girl out walking her dog, I noticed a rather unusual bit of branding on her sweatshirt, the name "Voltaire" was written across the back of the garment? One of the key Enlightenment philosophers, thinkers and authors, a Frenchman who also spent time in England and is rumoured to have attended the funeral of Isaac Newton, an infamous critic of religion, committed Deist and all round smarty pants! I did wonder if there was a new fashion for showing off how smart (or otherwise) you are by emblazoning your clothes with the names of famous philosophers**, who would you choose? (I'd probably go for Russell)

**It's actually a clothing brand called Zadig & Voltaire (my Daughter informs me)

No comments: