Wednesday, October 07, 2026

Bordeaux Memories


Back in 2007 and to mark the occasion of my 45th birthday we had a long weekend in Bordeaux, St. Emilion to be more precise (see picture above) The trip was organized by an English chap who lived with his French family near Bordeaux and could speak fluent French, he made arrangements to visit the Chateaux I wanted to see and drove us around in his family Volvo. 

We had a great couple of days and I got to visit some of the top producers and try their wines, wines that I'd only ever read about up until then, it was a real education. I often wonder what ever happened to that chap, I wonder if his wine-tour business is still running, he was such a nice bloke and gave us a really great tour for not much money at the time. Many of the wines I tasted on that trip have become our favourites for the many years that followed, every time we open one it transports us back to that place and to that moment in time, it's fascinating how food and drink have the power to do that to us chimps.

No comments: