Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Halloween?


Can anyone explain to me what the point of Halloween is? I've been baffled for years, a celebration of a bunch of evil entities that don't exist but apparently still scare the crap out of some people (Catholics I'm looking at you!) at a time of the year when its always cold and drizzly, why? And just don't get me started about "trick or treat", what a stupid (American) tradition, if you're going to go to the bother of dressing up and wandering door to door extorting sweets from people by threatening them, at least be prepared to follow through with something that's original and ideally amusing or even ironic (which it never is!)

At least we've got bonfire night coming up, now there's a proper celebration grounded in reality....

3 comments:

Chairman Bill said...

When I was a kid we called it mischief night and went around swapping people's gates.

Chairman Bill said...

I take it you're using the security thingus to stop the Anonymous spam posts? I just ignore them - they don't show on the blogs.

Steve Borthwick said...

CB yes, the spam fills my inbox though.