Wednesday, April 03, 2019

Another one for the black-list


I see that the petite dictator-state of Brunei has implemented some new (medieval) laws that follow the literal instruction from their (alleged) holy book. The changes to their penal code mean that homosexual people may now be stoned to death for simply following their biological nature. Now, it's not like I would have visited Brunei anytime soon, but, as per the various campaigns now running I will certainly boycott hotels and restaurants that have a connection with this country and it's hereditary leader. For me this means various hotels in London and also a hotel/restaurant locally, Coworth Park in Ascot that is owned by the Sultan of Brunei and somewhere I have visited before. I won't be back and will advise all the people I know who live around here to do the same.

No comments: