Sunday, February 02, 2020

The run-around..


I've decided that 2020 is the year I get back into running as a way of keeping fit. A few years ago I did some damage to a tendon in my foot and it more or less buggered up any possibility of running, in fact walking any distance was difficult enough. However, over the last 12-18 months I've been focusing on specific exercises (like yoga, stretching and walking) to strengthen my gammy foot and having reached a level of around 30 km of brisk walking per week, I finally feel confident enough to give running a try-out. Today I bit the bullet and did a little local 3 km run, it took around 23 minutes and felt great! I haven't run since 2013 (see picture above) when I did the 5 km leg of a mini-triathlon in 24 minutes for a work event, hopefully I can slowly build things up so that I get back to that level of ability again, it'll be nice to get out there once more!

No comments: