Saturday, December 11, 2021

Long day


Spent the day in London (again) yesterday. It was an early start catching the 7am train (felt like waking up in the middle of the night!), anyway, the train was more or less empty and so I got to witness the sunrise through the window as we sped through Hayes and Harlington, arriving into Paddington in good time to enact my cunning plan to avoid the underground by walking to our new London Bridge office. 

It was quite a chunky walk (around 8 km) for first thing in the morning but the Sun was out and it wasn't too cold, anyway, I set off at a fair lick giving myself an hour and a bit to cover the distance. Down to Hyde Park, along Park Lane and across Green Park passing by Wellington's old London Gaff and then Buckingham Palace where I snapped the gold statue above the fountain there glinting in the morning sunshine.


Onwards past the Houses of Parliament and across Westminster bridge to the Southbank and Waterloo. From there I decided to follow the path of the river and walked along the bank taking in all the sights as I progressed East toward London Bridge and the Shard, I managed to snap a pic as I passed.


I arrived at our new office, which is located the Bermondsey side of London Bridge in good time and had a well earned cuppa!

I had a good day working with the team and popped across to Roast in Borough market for some lunch (a treat from a supplier!), which was delicious, then after a somewhat sleepy afternoon of meetings I took some of the chaps out for a pint along the Bermondsey beer mile, dropping into the Cloudwater bar in Enid Street (which is great BTW) finishing off by hopping on the tube at Bermondsey and heading home via Paddington. My head finally hit the pillow at around 11pm so a very long day indeed!





 

No comments: