Monday, October 16, 2023

Outhouse rematch


We visited this little brewery in our town back in Nov 2021 and I did make a mental note at the time to revisit it sometime. As usual time flies, stuff happens, and although well meaning, I haven't been back since. Yesterday (Sunday) however my Wife and I decided to take a walk in the gorgeous afternoon sunshine and although there was a definite cold nip in the air we walked into town and happened to pass the brewery. 

I was surprised and pleased to see that the establishment had expanded, the next door unit had been occupied, doubling the available space and it was kitted out as a rather smart bar/tap room, there were quite a few people in there too! It looked inviting and so we popped in for a pint. I had an IPA called "Weekend Juice" (see above), appropriate name I thought and the beer was packed with NZ hops (Nelson Sauvin for sure), although not quite up to the standards of the other bigger and more well established breweries around the town (like Siren) it was pretty decent! I must make an effort and come back sooner next time, maybe I can persuade some mates to pre-empt a Friday evening curry night there and work our way through his menu properly, we shall see.

No comments: