Tuesday, January 30, 2024

London Stories


The Robin Hood, a grand old boozer located along Longbridge Rd, near Barking in East London. When I was a student in London I used to live near here and this was one of our gang's regular haunts. I recall that it had a few video games that captured our attention at the time, particularly one called "Asteroids" and another table-top game that I can't remember the name of (Scramble?) but where you had to navigate a spaceship through a maze while being attacked, many lectures avoided and many (fun) hours of my life wasted in that place! 

I think the pub got demolished around 2005 and there's a Lidl supermarket in it's place now! However, to honour the old place the council had a tile mosaic embedded into the pavement at an appropriate spot just outside the original location, you can still see it today, see picture below..


A nice touch I thought, and brings back happy memories for me.

No comments: