Not so much a train of thought, more a replacement bus service of godless waffle, jokes and memes with a snifter of travel, wine and craft-beer related stuff on the side..
Thursday, September 17, 2026
Hops of my dreams?
While out for my daily walk today I came across these fellas. I had to do a double-take, but yep, they're wild hops! I grabbed a couple of cones and sniffed them, the yellow lupulin glands were there but I don't think they were quite ripe just yet. Still, they smelt like hops, slightly citrus, earthy with some kind of spice edge I couldn't quite place. Fascinating, I wonder how they got there? Maybe I should harvest them and make a beer, perhaps they're some new hybrid that's going to take the beer world by storm and I'll make a fortune, or maybe not..
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment