Monday, December 14, 2009

Drinking white wine in the sun

I saw Tim Minchin earlier this year, and a damn fine show it was too. Here's a song he used that night, it's a solid godless ditty that points out a few obvious inconsistencies in our religious brothers and sisters stances on some things, but in the end its really about him expressing his feelings at Christmas time and family stuff, its nice.



Many years ago I spent Christmas in South Africa and for a Northern Hemisphere centric person it's quite weird to experience turkey & roast potatoes in 30 degree heat. Lounging around in the pool after traditional Christmas pudding and brandy butter felt rather odd too!

4 comments:

Chairman Bill said...

I remember one memorable Christmas as a cadet when we had a crossing the line ceremony on Xmas Day in the Atlantic.

Steve Borthwick said...

CB, that's defo something that's on my "to do before I die list", i.e. a long sea voyage.

Elizabeth said...

I need to go see this guy sometime. Thanks for the post.

Steve Borthwick said...

E, I really enjoyed his show, kind of old fashioned i.e. man + piano, simple but effective.