Monday, December 14, 2009

Its that time of year again...

I have a love-hate relationship with Christmas and New Year, although its probably not what most readers of this blog would think. I love the tradition, the mince pies, the candles, the carols, the films, frosty mornings, open fires, days off with the kids and time for quiet relaxation, I have all my best ideas (creativity-wise) at Christmas time. What I hate is the franticness of it all, the commercial frenzy and the exploitation going on around every little corner, it makes me just want to draw the curtains, lock the doors and hunker down for a week or two. Christmas is great so long as you can avoid public places and needing to get anything actually done for a while.

Anyway, one of the things that I do enjoy is picking out Christmas cards for people that know me, not one to miss a chance to provoke thought I usually go for something with a little godless twist, anyway I'm on the look out for good ones right now and as I find them I will try to post them here.

For now here are a couple I'm thinking about.



Ahh, who doesn't love a kitten...



I like this one but most people probably wouldn't get it.



This one seems too obvious a choice perhaps, anyway the search continues, now where did I leave that bloody sellotape...

5 comments:

Elizabeth said...

FAB! Where did you find those atheist Christmas cards?

I don't know how I got through Christmas before online shopping. My kids send me a list of stuff from Amazon, I double-click, order and 20 minutes later, my shopping is done.

Steve Borthwick said...

E, I know what you mean, Amazon was a great idea, I wished I'd bought shares back in 1994!

David Keen said...

Good stuff, bit late for me to buy any. I can think of a few people I could send that triceratops to.

Steve Borthwick said...

Hi dmk, thanks for the palaeontological support there...

Actually if you're anything like me my MRS does all the cards weeks before I even think about them; I like to think of myself as a "consultant" in this regard :)

David Keen said...

yes, me too. I've done 3 out of several dozen this year. Quite impressed I got them done in time for this Christmas - there's a card on my desk from Christmas '08 that I still haven't got round to posting.