Monday, February 08, 2010

We've all been there... well, perhaps not.

I saw this article in the Daily Fail today, about a slightly unhinged US soldier. I'm always suspicious of this particular newspaper so I take a certain type of story there less seriously than perhaps I would in other papers, however on reflection I can see how this one could be true. I figured that one of the reasons you join the Army in the first place is to learn new skills that you can apply in "civi-street" after you leave, which is all this particular trooper is doing; you could say that he was just fulfilling the message in the recruitment poster, just in a rather unorthodox way.

The story is about a soldier called Joshua Tabor who upon learning that his 4 year old daughter couldn't recite her alphabet properly thought he would add a little incentive, he waterboarded her. Fortunately Mr Tabor is now under the watchful gaze of the Washington police department so hopefully his ideas about parental encouragement won't be re-enacted again too soon.


Although, on second thoughts I know a few kids whose "enthusiasm" might dampen down to normal human levels after a visit from "Josh the slosh"..

No comments: