Tuesday, March 09, 2010

Have some johnnies, foreigners

Here's a rather odd story, it's about the UK Government donating £1,000,000 to South Africa in order to buy condoms for the World cup finals (being held there this summer). Now I know certain English footballers of late have had problem keeping things in their shorts, but that's a lot of johnnies!


Could it be that our Government has had a sudden fit of altruism or are they simply totting up the potential NHS bill resulting from thousands of inebriated England fans roaming around a country with the highest incidence of HIV/AIDS in the world? Either way it sounds like an entirely rational thing to do, although when the whistle is blown I'm predicting that a certain "Roman referee" will show the plan a red card* :)

*and if I can get another football pun in here it will be a miracle.

5 comments:

Chairman Bill said...

It will call for some fancy ball work!

Chairman Bill said...

I wonder how may will score?

Chairman Bill said...

I don't really condom this kind of activity.

Chairman Bill said...

I hope there are no dribblers.

Steve Borthwick said...

CB... I'm not worthy!