Friday, March 04, 2011

I never saw that lecture on the list..?

Morton Schapiro of Northwestern University sounds like one of those progressive types that they never had at my old school. For a psychology lecture on human sexuality he organised for a woman to demonstrate a motorised sex toy in a lecture hall. Shocking I know, and I guess this means knees up on the desk at the front? Apparently student feedback has been uniformly positive (duh), although Mr Schapiro has had his knuckles wrapped by the brass at the school and admits the show may have reflected poor judgement on his part. I can't imagine such a thing happening the UK, although if it did I reckon the health and safety brigade would insist on at least three people standing over her with fire extinguishers, you can never be too safe.

I'm reminded of a suitable joke for Friday, years ago, when asked if he was aware that there were now motorised devices that sexually excite women, David Niven (or someone like that) said, yes darling its called a Mercedes 350SL convertible...

2 comments:

Chairman Bill said...

Or in my case (for a man) a Jaguar E Type.

Steve Borthwick said...

CB, agreed, E's are good..!