Tuesday, September 11, 2018

Tool hell


Thought I'd be smart and save myself £15 by fitting a new battery to my car myself (rather than letting Halfords do it for me, which is what I normally do). After about an hour and a half and 500 calories of running around trying to find tools that I don't have and then bombing over to the shops to buy them, I'm pretty sure I'm down on the deal. Honestly though, why car manufacturers think it's OK to require someone to have 8, 10, and 11 mm sockets and a socket extension in order to simply remove a battery is beyond me, why not just settle on 10 mm nuts all round? With numerous chunks missing from my finger joints I'm beginning to remember why I went into software and not mechanical engineering now..

I guess the car manufacturers are in cahoots with the tool manufacturers, well, that's my conspiracy theory for today done, tomorrow I need to fix some guttering before the rain gets here, wish me luck..

No comments: