Friday, October 26, 2018

Converts corner


I see that Sinead O'Connor, the singer and early 90's pop star with "attitude", has nicked a few headlines again recently by converting to Islam. Islam? I hear you say. The Woman must certainly be a few tins short of a six pack (probably not breaking news!) Having left one misogynistic and patriarchal religion (Catholicism) because she hated it, she then goes and joins the MOTHER OF ALL misogynistic and patriarchal religions Islam! I wonder if this is what media-starved D-listers are doing these days to get attention and promote their next album? I guess it's nothing new, these arty types are always chasing the next "mystical" experience, I guess their imaginations run out right at the point where reality impinges on ego, who knows, maybe she's just trying to quit the booze?

No comments: