Sunday, February 03, 2019

Apple watch flaw


I think I discovered a flaw in the Apple Watch exercise application today. I usually go for a brisk walk around lunchtime most days and if I walk around 3-4 km then that's enough to close the green (workout) ring on my watch. Today however we walked into town and back (around 4 km) and this is normally more than enough to complete the ring, today however it only got 30% of the way around. I think the problem was the snow. Not the cold, but the effect snowy pavements had on my walking pace. Because I was treading carefully to avoid falling on my butt the watch wasn't registering the movement properly and subsequently after walking for around 45 minutes it only registered 15 minutes of exercise. Annoyingly, we probably burned even more calories than usual, having to pick our way across very treacherous black-ice and constantly twisting and flexing to avoid falling, having to do an extra workout this evening to make up for lost ground, it's amusing, we're complete slaves to these bloody rings :)

No comments: