Sunday, June 30, 2019

Virtually London


In London this weekend looking around UCL with my Son, interesting place. Afterwards I treated him to a little fun and we went down to Omescape in Aldgate to play a virtual reality game together. The game was brilliant, utterly immersive and almost glitch-free, which is unusual for a completely free-movement VR game in my experience, you usually get a couple of minor signal interruptions (that break the spell) in a hour's worth of gaming. We played as a team trying to solve problems and navigate a virtual universe against the clock, with a couple of little hints from the game supervisor we were successful and did pretty well for a couple of rookies. This kind of technology is getting better and better as time goes on, I think this one was the best I've seen so far, really cool thing to do on a really hot Summer afternoon!

No comments: