Wednesday, January 22, 2020

I fart in your general direction


Very sad to hear that Terry Jones of Monty Python fame died today aged 77, I loved that show and all the films, so did my parents and so do my kids, evidence would suggest that he must have been doing something right! No doubt the famous and the good will be lining up to praise him over the next few days, I expect there'll be a little satire too, all good. It's often easy to forget that no only were Python very funny they were also culturally cutting-edge and controversial too (as the best comedy is) The above letter is from the UK censor to the Python team recommending some cuts to Life of Brian, fortunately all ignored. Often the first step to toppling stupidity, tyranny or injustice is to laugh at it; IMO a much needed strategy in today's over-woke and under-reasoned world.

No comments: