Thursday, April 30, 2020

Exercising social-distance


Been keeping up with my exercise regime reasonably well during the lock-down. Managing to get out and do something every day (even in the rain) Usually that means a 3 or 5 km run or a 5 km walk, I tend to mix them up a bit to avoid any stresses or strains to particular joints! I did notice an interesting thing yesterday though. With all of the social-distancing stuff going on I've been crossing the road when I see people walking toward me on the same side. When I look at the statistics of my runs/walks I notice that almost every one is roughly 0.05 km longer per kilometre (50 metres), i.e. a  5 km walk is now roughly 5.25 km due to all the extra distance involved in crossing the road umpteen times. Who'd have thought that social distancing makes you fitter!

No comments: