Monday, March 29, 2021

Job seekers


Decided to hire a couple more people at work recently. Luckily the pandemic so far hasn't really affected our little corner of the software industry and we've continued to grow healthily this past year. Unfortunately though, due to Brexit, my talent pool is much smaller than it used to be, what's given with one hand is taken away with the other I suppose. Anyway, from the CV's I've seen so far it looks like there's a lot of people looking to move at the moment although I can't say that I've come across any stand-out candidates yet, hopefully that's not a statement about the state of the market and we'll find some soon! Need to get interviewing, the whole process usually takes a month or two, then there's a big learning curve for new employees as they learn our processes, products and code-base, it's quite an investment to hire someone these days!

 

No comments: