Tuesday, August 08, 2023

Much Mango


Siren did a re-brew of one of their 8th birthday beers, a mango sour in collaboration with Slim Pickens (Florida) back in 2021. It was an immense beer, really pushing the boundary of what beer is, we loved it at the time and my mates and I were looking forward to this rematch. I tried the new beer a couple of weekends ago, I must say that it was a bit "meh", certainly looking the part (see above) and certainly mango forward (a ton of mango pulp was added!) and tart but not as good as I remember, under carbonated and generally a little "flat", a little bit like our Summer this year! Perhaps my palate has changed or perhaps it just didn't seem as novel as it did back in 2021, anyway, I guess you have to have some misses to appreciate the hits, Christmas soon :( 

No comments: