Monday, October 30, 2023

Must Try Harder


When I was in Scotland earlier in the year (May) and staying in Leith I took a walk one afternoon down the "Leith Walk" to visit a brewery called "Newbarns", unfortunately I decided to go at around 3pm and the taproom didn't open until 5pm (I didn't check!), my little plan thwarted I retreated to my hotel and spent the afternoon walking around the port area instead. 

Anyway, I finally tried one of their beers this weekend, a delicious Pilsner, called simply, "Pilsner Beer" which I randomly picked up at the Siren Tap-yard from their cavernous can fridge. Unlike most craft brewers these days the boys up in Leith are obviously not big on making up pithy names for their beers, but with quality like this I don't blame them! The beer was super, absolutely classic flavour profile and so balanced, a really good job. I must try harder when I'm next up North and visit, I bet this is even better fresh from source! 

No comments: