Saturday, April 27, 2024

Kernel TTO


The Fox & Hounds in Caversham had a Kernel tap takeover yesterday (Friday) these are as rare as rocking horse sh1t so I just had to pop in on the way back from town and try a couple of beers that I'd never had before. I can confirm that they were all up to the usual Kernel standards, i.e. completely banging! I only had an hour or so to kill but had four halves in all, of the following ales,

Pils Rakau - classic pilsner but with NZ hops, crisp and floral
Citra, Galaxy, Ella, Vic Secret Pale Ale - Dry with citrus and melon, quite bitter, addictive
Galaxy Mosaic Pale Ale - Wonderfully balanced, stone fruits, orange, superb
Table Beer - Sampled on cask rather than the usual keg, soft, fruity, clean, excellent.

Some great beers on offer, shame I could only stop for a couple but I had to get the train home, the full list is pictured below..

No comments: