Tuesday, April 06, 2010

Back to work... with a headache

Well that’s another Easter holiday over with, back to work today with a slight hangover after staying up far too late to watch re-runs of “Extras” staring Ricky Gervais and drinking too many glasses of a nice Cabernet from Yarra Yering (Dry Red No. 1 2004).



Somehow I missed this series when it was originally aired but found it quite funny in an uncomfortable social situations kind of way. Topically one of the plot threads was about religion; Gervais’s character "Andy" proclaimed his atheism in one scene only to lie about it later when a woman (he fancied) said that she was a Catholic and to gain her favour he claimed he was also. The story then descended into a disastrous first date when she took him to a prayer meeting and the ugly truth gradually came out as he was questioned by the priest about his apparent lack of knowledge regarding Catholicism, horribly awkward but really funny.

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I didn't even make it back to work. I got the flu -- I hope yours is just a hangover and not something worse. Sorry not to be a better commenter on your blog -- I read it all but then I get in a rush and forget to comment.

Steve Borthwick said...

Hi E, maybe you should consider a flu jab next year? I must say I had one this year for the first time, and so far so good! Anyway, get well soon! (I must admit I haven't been commenting over at yours much recently either, work is just manic at the moment!)

My headache was self inflicted but the evening was a laugh so I can't complain!