Tuesday, June 06, 2017

Bad news

For many years now I have been a big fan of Crispian Jago, fellow skeptic and atheist, Crispian has produced many wonderful and amusing cartoons on subjects such as "alternative medicine", religion and anti-scientific quackery of all stripes. His blog "The Reason Stick" has provided many fabulous images and inspirations for my own. I hadn't visited his site for quite a few months and for some random reason took a quick peek today. Unfortunately, I learn that Crispian has terminal cancer and to cap it all, in a strange cosmic coincidence, I also learned this week that the wife of a very good friend of mine also has a tumor on one of her kidneys and goes under the knife this Thursday, I can only imagine what feelings they must both be experiencing right now.

Crispian has decided to write a journal about his illness, it's brilliant, and can be accessed from his blog. I recommend you take a look, as is his inimitable style, it's really human, funny and irreverent.

I've decided that there are a few things I really dislike about getting older; mostly it's hearing about more and more talented people getting shitty diseases.

No comments: