Tuesday, May 07, 2019

Memories


It's funny the things we remember. I vividly recall the sunny day exactly one year ago yesterday and my parents visiting our house for lunch. We cooked up a cracking BBQ and my Dad, Son and I lubricated proceedings with a 2 litre (4 pint) growler of beer (see picture above, white wine for the ladies of course!) I remember it because it was the very last time my Dad ever visited our house and also the last (of many over the years) beer we ever shared and enjoyed together. As (bad) luck would have it a few weeks later he was diagnosed with cancer and his health deteriorated quickly, so quickly in fact that he wasn't able to come over again and sadly died in March this year (2019). The beer was called "White Tips" from our local brewery (Siren) and is a fruity wit (wheat) beer that they only make at this time of the year (they just released a new batch in the last couple of weeks). Just before everyone came round I made a special trip over to the Siren tap-yard and grabbed a couple of litres fresh from the line, especially for him to enjoy with his burger and sausages. He really liked the beer, which I was really happy about, and we all had a lovely day chatting, eating, drinking and laughing. Funny the things we remember.

No comments: