Sunday, October 24, 2021

Time flies


I took my Mum over to Arlington (near Guildford) yesterday for her booster jab, it took over an hour (even though she had a timed appointment) anyway, rather than sit around in the car I went for a walk along the Wey Navigation which is just at the back of where the vaccination centre was. As I was walking I spotted this chap flying around (above), it's a motorized paraglider, i.e. he's wearing a small engine on his back that powers a propeller that pushes him along. He was quite high up and I only had my phone so the quality of the picture is poor but it did take me back to my own flying days. I used to fly paragliders back in the day and I also had a go at the motorized version, great fun it was too! Although perfecting the art of launching a canopy and running with a 30kg engine on your back while operating a throttle all at the same time takes some doing. The picture below is me coming into land at a lakeside spot near the town of Embrun in the French Alps, those were the days!




 

No comments: