Monday, January 31, 2022

Azacca !


One of my new favourite (for this week at least!) beers from Siren Craft Brew this year so far, definitely a candidate for my "craft beers of the year list" for 2022! Consumed over the weekend, it's from a series called "Sold my Soul for XXX" where the XXX is replaced by the name of the particular single hop involved in the recipe. We've had Simcoe and Citra hops so far and this one features Azacca. This particular hop has quite a high Alpha Acid content and gives very vivid mango, orange and slight pine vibes, whenever I try it I get a ton of orange or tangerine flavour which is really distinctive. When combined with a decent malt bill and some oats for smoothness and mouthfeel it delivers a really satisfying taste experience, creamy and flavorsome, highly recommended!

 

No comments: