Wednesday, January 19, 2022

First Fifty

 


I always take a breather from regular exercise over the Christmas break, I'm also pretty relaxed about eating crappy food and imbibing outside the normal weekend constraints, my logic being that the holiday is more enjoyable because it's distinct and different from the day to day and in some ways one is released from the hum-drum and can be free from thinking about routine for a week or so. Consequently my regular exercise and weight/fitness stats take a dive at the end of December! 

Fortunately (for me!) I'm a fairly disciplined type of person and get back into the swing of things reasonably quickly. Last year I was hitting a rate of around 50 km per week in terms of walking, in the first full week of January I only managed 44 km but last week I notched up the first 50 of 2022 which felt good, and this week is on track for the same, let's hope the weather holds!

No comments: