Wednesday, July 29, 2009

It’s a fair cop

I noticed this little story on the BBC wire this morning; this poor lady is seeking as much publicity as she possibly can and I think she deserves it; hopefully this post will help in a tiny way with that. Lubna Hussein is facing 40 lashes and a $100 fine, what did she do you ask, shoplifting, kidnap, piracy?

No, she lives in an Islamic theocracy; she is being punished for wearing trousers.

I must admit I have had occasion over the summer to think about corporal punishment for some of the things the programmers at my company have turned up to work in but what kind of God must these Muslims believe in that has the power to create the whole universe and sanction genocide at the drop of a hat, but gets uppity about the shape of the cloth that people use to cover their bodies, makes you wonder.

No comments: