Saturday, January 01, 2011

New year


We passed a very pleasant new year's eve with some friends last night (thanks guys) I cooked a meal for everyone and to celebrate we opened a youthful 10 year old magnum of Pomerol (Vieux Château Certan) which was a fantastic accompaniment (it could easily handle another decade and improve all the way)


Feeling quite sprightly this morning considering the consumption last night, so we're planning a walk around Virginia Water and home for bacon sandwiches and cups of tea - diet of kings..

4 comments:

Chairman Bill said...

Oh stop being so bloody jovial! We're all getting older, for heaven's sake....

Steve Borthwick said...

CB, of course, sorry, must be my age... ;)

Elizabeth said...

That's great that you could drink such fine stuff and feel so sprightly the next morning. I hope you have a wonderful 2011.

Steve Borthwick said...

E, Thanks & happy new year to you guys too!

I expect it's because it was fine stuff that I do feel sprightly!