Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Religious jokes

I am partial to a good joke and I'm not at all fussy at whose expense it comes; sticks and stones etc.
Apparently back in 2005 the Christian web site "shipoffools" asked it's readers to send in and vote for the funniest and/or offensive religious joke. The competition completely passed me by at the time, but the organisers of the site were surprised at how offensive the jokes sent by Christians were, perhaps there is hope for us after all? Anyway, here's the winning joke, it's an old one (Dave Allen?) but still bought a smile to my face.
I was walking across a bridge, and I saw a man standing on the edge, about to jump. 
I ran over and said: "Stop. Don't do it."
"Why shouldn't I?" he asked.
"Well, there's so much to live for!"
"Like what?"
"Are you religious?"
"He said: "Yes."
"I said: "Me too. Are you Christian or Buddhist?"
"Christian."
"Me too. Are you Catholic or Protestant?"
"Protestant."
"Me too. Are you Episcopalian or Baptist?"
"Baptist."
"Wow. Me too. Are you Baptist Church of God or Baptist Church of the Lord?"
"Baptist Church of God."
"Me too. Are you original Baptist Church of God, or are you Reformed Baptist Church of God?"
"Reformed Baptist Church of God."
"Me too. Are you Reformed Baptist Church of God, Reformation of 1879, or Reformed Baptist Church of God, Reformation of 1915?"
He said: "Reformed Baptist Church of God, Reformation of 1915."
I said: "Die, heretic scum," and pushed him off.

No comments: