Sunday, June 03, 2018

Completed the set


I've always been one for collecting things. Here are the four beers that make up "Project Barista", an experiment in coffee beer by my local brewery Siren. I tried the last one yesterday (2nd from the right") which is called "Cold Brew" a cold-steeped Schwarzbier (essentially a black lager) which was perhaps the most refreshing of the group and went down great sitting in the sunshine munching on some polenta chips and pesto. 

So, that's the complete set tried now! My favorite was the 2nd from the left, a light coloured beer called "Affogato" which I've previously written about here but they're all unique and each brings something different to the style. We visited the brewery and did a tour with some friends yesterday, it was a great day for it and we all tried a number of different beers, it was a good day out, and the Siren folks were very generous and hospitable, a successful day and a successful (coffee) project I reckon!

No comments: