Wednesday, August 21, 2019

Cascadian Ale


New beer tried at the weekend. It's something labelled as "Cascadian Dark Ale" and I believe the recipe idea hails from the Pacific Northwest of the USA where Simcoe hops have long been used to impart piney, resinous flavours into pale-ales. The difference here is that the beer has been made dark using roasted malts rather than the pale malts used in paler ales, these dark malts also impart chocolate, plum and coffee flavours which actually marry with the Simcoe very well. This beer was made by Verdant down in Falmouth, Cornwall in collaboration with Buxton Brewery in Derbyshire and is one of the cans that I bought back from my holiday. I'm wishing I had more boot space now.. should have packed one of the kids off back home on the train...

No comments: