Wednesday, October 09, 2019

Climate change education..


I'm in two minds about this whole "extinction rebellion" thing. On the one hand climate change is real and if we leave it unchecked we will undoubtedly cause the deaths of millions of creatures and perhaps millions people too as nature reacts to the increase in average temperature around the globe. On the other hand what is the best way to motivate people to change their behaviour, is it the carrot or the stick? I guess the correct answer is both but it seems to me that maybe some attempt at more education might enable the pill to be swallowed a little more easily? I think we seriously need to consider how we educate children about this, remove the kid gloves (current teaching is far too timid in my view) and perhaps try a little "bottom-up" pressure on the "adults" of the world.

No comments: