Thursday, November 14, 2019

Tesco's value wine


We had a delicious bottle of wine last weekend. Something from South Africa that I bought in Tesco (they had a 20% off offer on at the time) for about £15 back in 2003. It's been maturing ever since and I decided to crack it open to go with some cheese, family and a film on Saturday night. I've seldom come across a wine that's so blackcurrant forward, it's a traditional Bordeaux blend called "V" from a top producer (Vergelegen) and the quality shines through, lovely fruit, balanced and with a long, long finish. I reckon this would have aged another 10 years no problem and improved every step of the way. I must see how much this wine is today, I suspect a little more than £15! (note: I checked and it's more like £60 a bottle now)

No comments: