Thursday, September 10, 2020

Numbers game


So the UK Government is laying down some stricter rules on how many people can meet up, the limit is now 6 people max. This means that my family can't have a get together for a while, or at least all of us at once! Luckily, we had one last bank holiday Monday so we can probably make that experience last, I wonder if pets count, we could always lock the dogs in the garage. It's a shame that we're experiencing a resurgence of Covid cases, I was kind of getting used to confidently going places again and I reckon this retrograde step might knock people back a bit. I remember back in the early Spring seeing a graph from Imperial Collage London about the likely waves that might hit us in terms of ICU cases, I posted it on the 18th of March and it showed a big increase over March and April then a lull followed by a smaller spike in September, seems like they called it correctly so far. If the rest of the prediction is accurate we should see another lull in October/November and then another spike in December/January followed by another lull until we get a vaccine. I guess it depends on what measures we're forced to take in terms of lock-downs and social distancing/PPE etc. but given that we may also get a Winter flu issue at the same time I can't help thinking that it's going to feel like a long Winter, think I'll get my Turkey order in now.

 

No comments: