Wednesday, January 13, 2021

Fun fact for the day

 


It's reckoned that 1% of the population are estimated to be psychopaths. 4-12% of CEOs exhibit psychopathic traits, and 15% of prison population. Anecdotally I would argue that the CEO percentage is even higher than that, I've dealt with many over the years and almost all have the classic "traits", for example male, sociopathy, narcissism, boldness, lack of empathy or remorse, egotistical, disinhibited, tendency to lie, manipulative etc.. Unsurprisingly the most successful ones, certainly from the examples I've met, aren't like that at all. Even though common, these traits aren't good for building long lasting, productive and happy companies in my experience. I wonder what the percentage would be for Tory ministers, maybe there should be a test?

No comments: